Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Nebraska Medicine Payment Application Associate
Shift Details: Mon - Fri (Flexible Start time) 6:30am - 9am
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Perform the functions and decision making necessary for timely and accurate data entry and cash and adjustment posting in various systems to support organizational receivables management. Responsible for auditing all accounts with credit balances for possible refunds to third party payers, patient or other entity as applicable. Correct entries that may have caused a credit balance in error and respond to incoming requests for refunds.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Minimum of two years post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in accounts receivable, accounting, or health care billing (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills with aptitude for detail oriented work required.
* Experience in data entry, Microsoft products (specifically Word and Excel), and an understanding of reporting tools required.
* Knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APC), Diagnosis Related Group (DRG), International Classification of Diseases (ICD) and medical terminology required.
* Ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute with 95% accuracy required.
* Prior medical billing experience preferred.
* Associate's degree in business administration or college level business course work preferred.
* Coding or billing certification preferred.
* Knowledge of payer specific reimbursement requirements preferred.
* Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, APC, DRG, ICD and Medical Terminology preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.