Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Systems Sr. Analyst - Lab Information Systems
***Cover Letter and Resume Required for Consideration***
***Preferred Consideration Given Applicants with Lab Information System Experience***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Provide technical expertise in the development, implementation and support of highly complex, enterprise wide, cross functional applications, integrated systems and technology projects. Troubleshoot multifaceted technology issues spanning software, hardware, interfaces, databases, and system security. Work on multiple projects and engages in enterprise wide projects as a team member, sometimes as a team leader. Duties include 24/7 support for information systems within accountability and/or enterprise-wide applications.
* Minimum of three years information technology experience required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, management, information systems, or related field OR equivalent combination of education/experience combined (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
* Ability to successfully analyze, organize, assign, and problem solve at the highest level required.
* Ability to work independently, achieve established deadlines and take initiative on multiple projects required.
* Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written required.
* Knowledge of general office equipment and Microsoft Office applications required.
* Experience with healthcare information systems including application and data layer management preferred.
* Experience with LIS preferred.
* Experience with systems provisioning/security and Active Directory structures preferred.
* Experience with integration platforms including middleware and application interfaces preferred.
* Experience working with project life cycle and project management methodologies preferred.
* Knowledge of system integration protocols and standards (i.e. HL7, DICOM, HIE, XML, X12, SOAP, web services, etc.) preferred.
* Project management skills including implementation of information systems preferred.
* Understanding of healthcare workflows, terms, vocabulary, and standards preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.