Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Patient Area Environmental Services Sr Associate
Nebraska Medicine is now taking application for a talented individual to join us as a Patient Area Environmental Services Sr Associate.
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in the list of American top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!
Shift: 9am - 5:30pm including weekends and holidays
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Serve as a representative for the hospitality experience of inpatients. Responsible for the disinfection of hospital patient contact surfaces in areas of the hospital where inpatients reside overnight or receive critical care services or undergo invasive procedures. Responsible for utilizing bed management system and department electronic monitoring for patient transfer and discharge throughput, and ensuring compliance with established organizational standards. Responsible for working intensely in areas that require high level of disinfection due to isolation cleaning procedures, handling of potentially infectious waste and linen, performing cleanup of blood and body fluids and or providing disinfection of operating rooms.
* Minimum of 18 years of age required.
* Ability to comprehend materials safety data sheets and chemical labels required.
* Ability to multi-task required.
* Good written and verbal communication required.
* Experience in hospitality related environment or cleaning experience preferred.
* High school education or equivalent preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.