Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Inpatient Nutrition Technician -- Part Time
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for a talented individual to join us as an Inpatient Nutrition Technician - Part Time. This role will focus on processing tube feeding orders, product delivery and retrieval, nutrition risk screening and limited patient education for heart failure/cardiac diet modification With an Inpatient focus, this role will be located on the main campus and includes services in 4 bed towers.
(also known as: Nutrition Technician)
We partner with our physicians, nurses and other hospital staff to provide the best Serious Medicine and Extraordinary Care available in the region. We are excited to have Forbes Magazine recognize us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska. Come join us!!
- Part time and Benefit Eligible position - .50 FTE (40 hours in a pay period)
- Sunday - Saturday schedule
- 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM various shifts
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts required to meet the scheduling needs to serve our patients
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution, PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top employers and the best employer in Nebraska
Perform nutrition care services for patients under the supervision of the Nutrition Therapist. Manage the enteral tube feeding operation, including inventory, order processing, delivery, retrieval and patient billing.
- Associate degree in foods and nutrition or three years of college including dietetics/nutrition related coursework required.
- Communication skills (written and verbal; individual and group interaction)required.
- Organizational skills (ability to multi-task; attention to detail; time management) required.
- Customer service skills required.
- Problem solving skills required.
- Math skills required.
- Computer experience (Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; email; intranet/internet navigation) required.
- Bachelor's degree and completion of required nutrition and dietetics coursework (Didactic Program in Dietetics or Future Baccalaureate Program) preferred.
- Dietetic Technician Registered (DTR) through the Commission on Dietetic Registration preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.