Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to our patients and their families.
Please note that this position may require an assessment after completion of the application. Please plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:First Shift (United States of America)
Applications Lead-Community Connect
***Must Upload Both Cover Letter and Resume for Consideration***
Why Nebraska Medicine:
Our shared values reflect who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
This Applications Lead-Community Connect will Lead applications team in the analysis, planning, design, development, validation, testing, implementation, evaluation, maintenance and on-going trouble-shooting and support of complex system components to achieve organizational goals. Leads projects across multiple applications and technical areas and participates in enterprise wide projects. Plans and directs the development of application specific enhancements, updates, and upgrades in alignment with organizational priorities and ensures successful installs and system reliability through auditing and integrated testing. Assists department leadership with the development of longer term plans, policies and procedures.
* Minimum of five years experience in designated area of application supported to include experience leading colleagues, processes or projects and direct experience with applications/systems and/or end-user support required.
* High school education or equivalent required.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or related field OR equivalent combination of education/experience combined (one year of experience equals one year of education) required.
*Possible travel to partner sites and potential partner sites including day out and back travel, same day travel, distance overnight travel and go live multiple day/night travel required.
* Proficient knowledge and ability to employ systems analysis and quality assurance concepts, techniques, industry best practices, tools and standards required.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and rapport-building skills required.
* Strong project management and presentation skills required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required, especially Outlook, Excel, and Power Point required.
* Strong organizational skills, specifically strong attention to detail, multi-tasking, and time management required.
* Analytical skills specific to troubleshooting applications issues required.
* Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license or appropriate allied health license or registration in the state of Nebraska only as required in accordance with appropriate health-related degree required.
* If supporting an Epic application, Epic certification required.
* Experience with workflow analysis or development of application solutions preferred. Experience with specific business or clinical system used in job (e.g. Lawson, Epic, etc.) preferred.
* Healthcare experience and a general understanding of healthcare business functions preferred.
* If supporting an Epic application, experience in electronic health record applications and healthcare operations background (e.g., clinical, billing, scheduling, access services, health information management, etc.) preferred.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Knowledge of informatics and information technology standards and guidelines preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Visio, and Project preferred.
* Professional level certification from an accredited organization in informatics, health information technology or relevant clinical or business specialty preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful, impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel comfortable, confident and cared for.
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Date Closes||August 14, 2020|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories