Professional Coding Associate
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Review documentation for professional charges involving ancillary, E/M and/or bedside/clinical procedures. Review accuracy of diagnosis and procedure codes within charge review, edit, error and/or follow up on work queues and folders within computer aided coding software. Correct diagnosis and procedure codes when necessary to ensure accurate clinical information and reimbursement for the organization. Utilize encoder, and/or computer aided coding software to analyze coding and coding edits to facilitate complete and compliant coding. Complete work queues in electronic health record and/or computer aided system to resolve CCI, OCE, LCD and NCD edits proactively to facilitate effective, efficient Revenue Cycle processes. Communicate with ambulatory areas of the organization to include providers, clinic mangers, and administrators to facilitate provider education and revenue integrity.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Complete accredited course work for coding certificate with current credentialing as Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Coder-Apprentice (CPC-A), or Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC) OR completion of an American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) accredited Health Information Management (HIM) program with current credentialing as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) OR Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)(certification may be obtained within six months of hire or transfer date) required.
- Demonstrate analytical abilities to identify and comprehend opportunities for coding through observation, data analysis, and interpretation required.
- Knowledge in PC based applications, specifically an encoder required.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain working relationships in department and organization to foster a team environment required.
- Must be a self-starter, exercise independent problem solving skills, and manage job priorities in a self-directed manner required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of coding guidelines required.
- Prior coding experience preferred.
- Experience coding in an acute care facility preferred.
- CPC or RHIT preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of International Classification of Diseases (ICD), Correct Coding Initiative (CCI), Outpatient Code Editor (OCE), National Coverage Determination (NCD), and Local Coverage Determination (LCD), and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) preferred.
- Knowledge of state/federal rules and regulations pertaining to healthcare coding preferred.
| Date Posted
February 15, 2020
| Date Closes
March 1, 2020
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories