Medical Lab Scientist
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Perform diagnostic testing to assist physicians and other healthcare professionals in the screening, diagnosis and treatment of patients. Use comprehensive knowledge to accurately perform and evaluate highly complex laboratory testing in an efficient manner. Demonstrate behavioral skills that contribute to a productive work environment and provide excellent customer service.
- Bachelors degree and completion of a certified clinical program in medical laboratory science OR associates degree and MT(HEW) certification required.
- Effective communication skills, initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
- Certified medical laboratory scientist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists MLS(ASCP), American Medical Technologist (AMT) or equivalent within 12 months eligibility/graduation required. Equivalent certifications include Medical Technologist (MT (ASCP)) OR Clinical Laboratory Scientist certified by the National Credentialing Agency (CLS (NCA)) prior to 2004; have previously qualified as a technologist under 42 CFR.1433 §493.1491amended 01/19/93 [58 FR 5236] on or before 2/28/92; or International certification and qualification: International Medical Laboratory Scientist, MLS(ASCPi) 1 with approval from the ASCPi required.
- Individuals who were certified beginning January 1, 2004 maintaining their certification by participation in the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) Certification Maintenance Program (ASCP)CM required.
- Progressive, successful experience in clinical laboratory medicine preferred.
| Date Posted
January 28, 2020
| Date Closes
February 12, 2020
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories