Staff Nurse - Dialysis
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Acute Dialysis offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with leading Nephrologists and healthcare teams to provide dialysis to support inpatient and emergent care in all available modalities. Be a part of an 8 bed specialized unit where focused bedside care includes patient assessments, medication, and dialysis equipment set up. Patient to nurse ratios are 2:1 in unit and 1:1 bedside with 3-4 hours treatment windows. This position offers great in unit teamwork opportunities, variety and independence with bedside and travel, and on call and travel compensation.
Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of Acute Dialysis patients within multiple metro-area facilities. Environment of care will often be acute, but may include long term, emergent, critical, interventional, or procedural driven.
- One year of acute hospital experience required.
- Direct patient care experience required.
- Bachelors degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
- Completion of required dialysis training within six months of hire required.
- Completion of Nebraska Medicine and Methodist Health Systems orientation within six months of hire required.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
- Ability to travel to other locations in a timely manner required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within six months of hire or transfer date required.
- Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, dialysis, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
- One year of acute dialysis experience, can be substituted with 3-5 years of ICU, ED, float pool, or travel nursing or 5 years or more of chronic or home dialysis nursing preferred.
- One year of experience with Epic or Cerner charting preferred.
- One year of leadership experience (preceptor, lead nurse, patient care coordination) preferred.
- Basic critical care knowledge preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
- Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, Nursing Practice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
| Date Posted
November 7, 2019
| Date Closes
November 22, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories