Clinical Nutrition Supervisor
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Nebraska Medicine is now taking applications for talented individuals to join us as a Clinical Nutrition Supervisor. The Clinical Nutrition Supervisor at Nebraska Medicine plays an integral part of healing and serving our patients.
This role is a salaried/exempt role that will typically work Monday- Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, weekend coverage will be an expectation on occassion if needed to meet team responsibilities and to serve our patients.
Serve on the leadership team for the Clinical Nutrition department by overseeing day-to-day patient care operations. Partner closely with colleagues to serve as an operational and/or clinical expert and make decisions regarding daily priorities for the work group. Provide/coordinate technical skills training for staff. Provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and complete performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions. Provide leadership and support in the management of care delivery for patients receiving nutrition therapy, to ensure patient safety, achieve high quality care and maximize outcomes across the continuum of care. Coordinate clinical and education program development, quality improvement and nutrition related outcomes research. Teach UNMC Master of Medical Nutrition (MMN) and other UNMC students in the clinical and/or classroom setting. Conduct scholarly activity/research that enhances curriculum innovation for the UNMC Master of Medical Nutrition (MMN) program.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant clinical practice experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience to include the majority of the following: serve as an operational expert for a group of employees, regularly model/mentor and train employees on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group; provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and provide input on performance appraisals and/or disciplinary action; conduct clinical and/or classroom instruction and curriculum development for post-baccalaureate/professional degree program required.
- Masters degree in nutrition/dietetics, management/administration, education or related area granted by a US regionally accredited college or university, or foreign equivalent within 12 months of transfer or hire OR equivalent combination of education and experience (one year of experience is equivalent to one year of education) required.
- Completion of required nutrition and dietetics coursework and supervised practice through a Didactic Program in Dietetics and Dietetic Internship, Coordinated Program in Dietetics, or Future Graduate Program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Knowledge and application of Nutrition Care Process and Terminology (NCPT); knowledge and application of Nutrition Focused Physical Exam (NFPE) required.
- Ability to exhibit strong leadership, planning and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity/innovation and be attentive to detail required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit strong judgment skills in a well-thought out and timely fashion and determine appropriate course of action in significantly complex situations required.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Public speaking ability required.
- Basic knowledge in office computer tools such as Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook required.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required.
- Licensed Medical Nutrition Therapist (LMNT) by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with quality improvement, outcomes monitoring, and/or process development in the healthcare arena preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and interpretation preferred. Some management OR leadership experience preferred.
| Date Posted
September 17, 2019
| Date Closes
October 2, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category