Clinical Neurophysiology Manager
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Provide oversight of clinical operations and diagnostic testing within the Neurophysiology Departments electroencephalography (EEG), electromyography (EMG), and magnetoencephalography (MEG) laboratories. Manage staffing requirements to meet patient testing and budget guidelines. Maintain technical and regulatory laboratory standards. Manage the recruitment, training, and retention of department personnel. Work with the Medical Directors to develop robust epilepsy and neuromuscular disorders programs. Monitor daily work processes to improve efficiency and patient satisfaction. Facilitates a positive work environment and acts as a coach and mentor to the laboratory staff within the work unit(s). Must be able to work independently and have demonstrated leadership, communication and problem solving skills. Must be highly organized, efficient, and able to implement and manage changes.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience within a neurodiagnostic field required.
- Working knowledge in all areas of neurodiagnostic testing required.
- Bachelor's degree within two years of transfer or hire required.
- Formal neurodiagnostic training program or equivalent training required.
- Neurodiagnostic registry in one or more of the following organizations: ABRET Neurodiagnostic Credentialing and Accreditation (R. EEG T., R. EP T., CNIM, CLTM and CAP), Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM; CNCT) and/or The Nerve Conduction Association (AAET; R.NCS.T.) required.
- Flexibility and dedication to team environment, as well as ability to lead and develop teams required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to anticipate and respond effectively to changes and resolve conflicts required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Experience in supervision or management related functions with demonstrated leadership abilities including excellent communication, human relation, and organizational skills preferred.
- Additional neurodiagnostic registry credentialing preferred.
EEO/AA Employer-Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
| Date Posted
August 19, 2019
| Date Closes
September 3, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories