Lied 4 and 5 provides quality, specialized, compassionate care to post-op spine, orthopedic and medical surgical patients. Care is collaborated with other health care professionals to meet holistic needs of each patient. Key accountabilities include planning, implementation, and evaluation of care using critical thinking and evidence-based practice. Nurse to patient ratios are 4-5:1. Unit features a team oriented work environment with learning opportunities to support career development.
Ask Recruiter about eligibility for No Strings Attached Student Loan Assistance!
Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of a designated group of patients. Environment of care may be long term, emergent, critical, acute, interventional, or procedural driven.
- Bachelors degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
- Direct patient care experience preferred.
- Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
- Based on position, one or more of the following courses including STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other specialty training courses preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
- Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
- Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the appropriate levels of operational leadership, nursing professional practice leadership and the Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.