Staff Nurse RN Float Pool
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of a designated group of patients. Environment of care may be long term, emergent, critical, acute, interventional, or procedural driven.
- Graduate from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
- Direct patient care experience preferred.
- Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
- Based on position, one or more of the following courses including STABLE, smoking cessation counseling, basic critical care, or other specialty training courses preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred.
- Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
- Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.
| Date Posted
July 19, 2019
| Date Closes
August 3, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories