Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Support the intraoperative nursing care of patients by performing scrub and related duties according to standards and policies. Promote efficient operation of the surgery center and provide assistance to physicians and support staff.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program OR equivalent training/scrub experience with an accredited institution required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (BLS with skills assessment or approved BLS) upon completion of unit orientation required.
- Prior experience as a surgical technologist or assistant preferred.
- Knowledge of various surgical instruments, equipment, and supplies/materials, all patient care equipment and supplies, policy, procedure, and protocol manuals, audio-visual, video, and microscopic equipment, computers, telecommunication equipment, and wall/ceiling and tanked medical gases preferred.
- For some clinical areas, the ability to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish may be preferred.
- Surgical technologist certification preferred.
| Date Posted
May 24, 2019
| Date Closes
June 8, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories