Medical Lab Scientist
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Schedule will be 7 days on and 7 days off. Hours will range 7:00PM - 6:30AM and 8:00PM - 6:30AM
Use comprehensive knowledge to accurately perform and evaluate highly complex laboratory testing in an efficient manner. Demonstrate behavioral skills that contribute to a productive work environment and provide excellent customer service.
- Bachelors degree and completion of a certified clinical program in medical laboratory science OR associates degree and MT(HEW) certification required.
- Effective communication skills, initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
- Certified medical laboratory scientist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists MLS(ASCP), American Medical Technologist (AMT) or equivalent within 12 months eligibility/graduation required. Equivalent certifications include Medical Technologist (MT (ASCP)) OR Clinical Laboratory Scientist certified by the National Credentialing Agency (CLS (NCA)) prior to 2004; have previously qualified as a technologist under 42 CFR.1433 §493.1491amended 01/19/93 [58 FR 5236] on or before 2/28/92; or International certification and qualification: International Medical Laboratory Scientist, MLS(ASCPi) 1 with approval from the ASCPi required.
- Individuals who were certified beginning January 1, 2004 maintaining their certification by participation in the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) Certification Maintenance Program (ASCP)CM required.
- Progressive, successful experience in clinical laboratory medicine preferred.
| Date Posted
May 20, 2019
| Date Closes
June 4, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Bellevue Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories