Physician Assistant - Immediate Care Clinics
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Provide comprehensive primary health care to individuals and families or disease specific/specialty focused patient care in an outpatient and/or inpatient setting for medical and/or surgical patients. Diagnose medical conditions, plan and implement interventions, and evaluate patient responses in collaboration with a designated supervising physician. Perform and assist with diagnostic and therapeutic medical and/or surgical procedures.
- Graduate of an ARC-PA approved Physician Assistant program required.
- Ability to function with autonomy and able to make independent decisions while functioning as part of a comprehensive team required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms required.
- Ability to provide critical thinking and analytical skills required.
- Efficient use of information systems, data processing systems, telecommunication devices,
office equipment, and audiovisual teaching/education resources required.
- Ability to comprehend and follow policy, procedure, guidelines and protocols required.
- Flexibility and dedication to team involvement and supporting organizational goals required.
- Ability to maintain Continuing Medical Education (CME) hours to meet State of Nebraska and NCCPA certification requirements required.
- Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) [Or if new graduate, eligible for certification and certification completed prior to beginning to provide care] required.
- Currently licensed as a Physician Assistant in the State of Nebraska (or eligible for license prior to beginning to provide care) required.
- Eligible for Federal DEA registration required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Prior experience working in a related health care field as a Physician Assistant preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Knowledge of health care policy and societal factors affecting the delivery of care preferred.
- Familiarity with patient care equipment and procedures as appropriate to specialty area preferred.
| Date Posted
April 24, 2019
| Date Closes
May 9, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories