Nurse Supervisor - Treatment Center
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Serve on the leadership team as a shift supervisor for the designated operation by overseeing all aspects of day-to-day patient care operations. Partner closely with colleagues to serve as a clinical expert, regularly model/mentor and train colleagues on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for the work group, provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and complete performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions.
- Minimum of two years recent nursing experience relevant to specific unit required.
- Minimum of two years of experience to include the majority of the following: serve as a clinical expert for a group of employees, regularly model/mentor and train employees on technical skills, make decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group, provide guidance to and/or assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues and provide input on performance appraisals and/or disciplinary actions required.
- Bachelors degree in nursing required.
- Ability to exhibit strong leadership, strong planning and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity/innovation and be attentive to detail required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit strong judgment skills in a well-thought out and timely fashion and determine appropriate course of action in significantly complex situations required.
- Based on department, may be required to work holiday and/or weekends. Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska OR current compact state license, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon completion of unit orientation required. Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) department dependent required
- Demonstrated experience and competency with quality improvement, outcomes monitoring, and/or process development in the healthcare arena preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and interpretation preferred.
- Some management OR leadership experience preferred.
- Masters degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications preferred.
| Date Posted
April 24, 2019
| Date Closes
May 9, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category