Poison Center Specialist - Pharmacist
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Provide informational assistance by telephone to health care professionals and consumers about poison exposures. Obtain complete histories, assess poisoning severity, and make appropriate treatment recommendations. Refer patients to health care facilities as necessary and contact health care providers to provide treatment recommendations for referred patients. Act as a clinical information resource by training and mentoring students and colleagues.
- Minimum one year of nursing experience in a patient-care setting or minimum one year experience working as a poison information provider/specialist in poison information required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, American Medical Association (AMA) approved physician assistant program or accredited college of pharmacy required.
- Ability to perform prolonged mental concentration to read and gather information required.
- Skill in typing and use of computer required.
- Ability to perform complex math calculations required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and health care professionals required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including night, weekend, and holiday shifts as assigned required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant, or Registered Pharmacist in the state of Nebraska required.
- Required to take the American Association of Poison Control Centers Certification Exam for Specialists in Poison Information (CSPI) when eligible and required to pass the exam within three administrations after meeting the eligibility criteria.
- Maintenance of certification by successfully completing the CSPI examination every seven years required.
- If nursing candidate, a Bachelors degree in nursing is preferred.
| Date Posted
March 18, 2019
| Date Closes
April 2, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories