Chargemaster Sr Analyst
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
**Internal Department Only Applicants Please**
Provide analysis, training, troubleshooting for departments regarding charge accuracy, revenue integrity, and performance improvement related to billing. Put processes in place to identify and resolve charging related workflow issues. Analyze workflows for clinical and business processes. Make recommendations based on expertise and collaborative work with multi-disciplinary teams. Plan, design, develop, implement, evaluate, provide on-going trouble-shooting and support for EHR to Core Team and end users. Develop enhancements, make recommendations for process improvement that align with organizational priorities.
- Minimum of four years experience in hospital or clinic billing and coding required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Bachelors degree OR equivalent combination of education/experience combined (One year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Knowledge of patient and third party billing processes, private, state and federal billing regulations.
- Ability to maintain high degree of accuracy and effective organizational skills required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision required.
- Certified Procedural Coder-Hospital (CPC-H), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) from American Academy of Procedural Coders (AAPC) OR Registered Health, Information Technologist (RHIT) from American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) within six months of hire or transfer date required.
- Epic experience, healthcare background in billing and health information and experience with workflow analysis preferred.
- Current Certified Procedural Coder-Hospital (CPC-H), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) from American Academy of Procedural Coders (AAPC) OR Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) from American Health Information Management Association(AHIMA) preferred.
- Training in ECD-10 preferred.
| Date Posted
March 18, 2019
| Date Closes
April 2, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category