Non-Inv Cardio Technologist
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Utilize advanced arrhythmia recognition skills, holter scanning, perform adult and pediatric EKGs, specialty EKG, apply holter monitors and cardiac event recorders. Directly interact with patients, nurses, staff, and physicians. Transcribe test results into hospitals Electronic Health Record (HER).
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Ability to work on call required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Certification and registry in electrocardiography by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within 24 months of hire or transfer date required.
- Complete 16 continuing education units (CEU) every three years related to cardiac rhythm interpretation, EKGs, or cardiac devices post- certification and registry in electrocardiography by CCI required.
- Two years experience in non-invasive cardiology preferred.
- Associates degree with emphasis in cardiac anatomy and physiology or equivalent combination of education and/or experience working in non-invasive cardiology in an acute care setting preferred.
- College courses in physiology, anatomy, and/or related subjects preferred.
- Associate of Science degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of allied health/technology preferred.
- Knowledge of GE telemetry, MARS, and MUSE systems, EKG system and cart, cardiac event recorders, and holter monitors preferred.
- Advanced arrhythmia recognition and basic 12 lead EKG interpretation preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge to recognize arrhythmia and abnormalities on ECG preferred.
| Date Posted
March 18, 2019
| Date Closes
April 2, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category