Customer Service Sr Associate
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Responsible for prompt and accurate customer relations in a fast paced environment. Responsible for maintaining excellent communications with customers and managing the resolution of patient concerns. Concerns vary in reason and may be clinical or financial in nature. Serve as a patient advocate and collaborate between departments, external agencies, and the patient while building strong relationships to promote customer loyalty while adhering to organizational mission, vision, and values.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in healthcare billing/collection experience to include emphasis on third party reimbursement, patient liability collections and customer service (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Ability to interact with customers over the telephone and face to face required.
- Highly developed knowledge of hospital and/or professional revenue cycle processes required.
- Knowledge of patient billing process required.
- Ability to research and problem solve required.
- Analytical, organizational, team, project management, and self-directing skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with diverse customer base required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, databases, and payer applications required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD, CPT, and HCPCS coding required.
- Associates degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Knowledge of collection laws, liens, and bankruptcies preferred.
- Membership in hospital or professional revenue cycle organization preferred.
| Date Posted
March 18, 2019
| Date Closes
April 2, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Outside Omaha/CB Metro Area
| SOC Category