Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Provide paralegal support to the legal department of Nebraska Medicine, an academic health system that includes two hospitals, a physician practice group, and multiple affiliated legal entities. Review, draft, and negotiate contracts and corporate legal documents. Evaluate transactions for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including HIPAA, Stark Law, and Anti-kickback Statute. Perform research and analysis on a variety of corporate and healthcare legal matters. Translate legal concepts into guidance that is easy to understand and applicable to internal business units. Support attorneys with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree OR Associates degree in Paralegal Studies OR Associates degree and Paralegal Certificate OR equivalent combination of experience and education (one year of experience equals one year of education) required.
- Minimum five years of paralegal experience in a law firm or in-house corporate legal department, to include performing legal research and reviewing and drafting contracts required.
- High ethical standards and integrity required.
- Driven self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision while still demonstrating good judgment required.
- Meticulous attention to detail required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong customer service mindset required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a diverse and constantly changing workload in a fast-paced environment required.
- Health law experience preferred.
| Date Posted
March 18, 2019
| Date Closes
April 2, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories