Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Provide comprehensive primary health care to individuals and families or disease specific/specialty focused patient care in an outpatient and/or inpatient setting for medical and/or surgical patients. Diagnose medical conditions, plan and implement interventions, and evaluate patient responses in collaboration with a designated supervising physician. Perform and assist with diagnostic and therapeutic medical and/or surgical procedures.
Minimum of two years RN experience or equivalent combination of RN and nurse practitioner experience combined (two years of RN experience equals one year of APRN experience) required.
Masters degree in nursing from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Ability to function with autonomy and able to make independent decisions while functioning as part of a comprehensive team required.
Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms required.
Ability to provide critical thinking and analytical skills required.
Efficient use of information systems, data processing systems, telecommunication devices, office equipment, and audiovisual teaching/education resources required.
Able to comprehend and follow policy, procedure, guidelines and protocols required.
Flexibility and dedication to team involvement and supporting organizational goals required.
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nebraska or current compact state required.
Currently licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN) required.
Federal DEA licensure required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
Appropriate certification required based on position, department and population served: 1. Adult Primary population: Adult Gerontology Primary Care (AGPCNP-BC), or Adult (ANP-BC), or Family (FNP-BC), or Gerontological (GNP-BC), or Womens Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP)
2. For Adult Acute population: Adult Gerontology Acute Care (AGACNP-BC), or Acute Care (ACNP-BC), or Adult (ANP-BC) or Family (FNP) (FNP will be required to obtain post graduate certificate for AGACNP-BC within 3 years of hire or transfer date)
3. Pediatric Primary population: Pediatric Primary Care (CPNP-PC) or (PPCNP-BC), Family (FNP-BC)
4. Pediatric Acute population: (CPNP-AC) or Family (FNP) (FNP will be required to obtain post graduate certificate for CPNP-AC within 3 years of hire or transfer date) and
5. Family population: Family (FNP-BC).
6. Psychiatric population: Psychiatric Mental Health (PMHNP-BC).
Doctorate Nursing Practice (DNP) preferred.
Knowledge of health care policy and societal factors affecting the delivery of care preferred.
Familiar with patient care equipment as appropriate to specialty area preferred.
| Date Posted
February 17, 2019
| Date Closes
March 4, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories