Case Management Nurse
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
ONLY OPEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES WITHIN THIS DEPARTMENT AT NEBRASKA MEDICINE
Manage a system of patient care delivery for a designated group of patients to achieve high quality, cost effective outcomes across the continuum of health care.
- Minimum of three years nursing experience required.
- Bachelors degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and make independent clinical judgments required.
- Experience with basic patient care equipment, policy procedure and protocol manuals required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with an interdisciplinary team required.
- Effective critical thinking/analytical skills required.
- Ability to effectively evaluate care across the continuum required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required
- Prior nursing experience in related field preferred.
- Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including
oncology, cardiovascular care, neonatal intensive care, nephrology, solid organ transplantation, general medical/surgical care, emergency care, critical care, med spa, dialysis, interpretation, and explanation of physical/laboratory/screening results preferred.
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
- Based on position, successful completion of nephrology nurse education program
- Knowledge of health care financial environment and reimbursement systems preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel preferred.
- Experience with graphic software preferred.
- Experience with patient teaching materials preferred.
- Understanding of related patient registries and data bases preferred.
- Experience leading/supervising a team preferred.
- Based on position, certification preferred in one or more of the following areas including Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) , Blood and Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), Oncology Nursing Certification (OCN), Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy and Biotherapy, transplant coordination, and/or Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) preferred.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the appropriate levels of operational leadership, nursing professional practice leadership and the Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
| Date Posted
January 17, 2019
| Date Closes
February 1, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories