Revenue Integrity Manager
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
The Revenue Integrity Manager role will be responsible for assisting in upholding Nebraska Medicines administrative and fiscal excellence within the Revenue Cycle. This role will require strong expertise to assist and educate revenue cycle staff, providers, administrators, and coders on charging and coding standards, ensuring data integrity and the accuracy of charging practices.
- Minimum of four years hospital HIM, revenue integrity or revenue cycle experience required.
- Minimum of two years leadership experience required.
- Working knowledge of hospital and professional revenue cycle required.
- Bachelors degree in health information management, business administration, or healthcare field OR equivalent combination of education/experience combined (One year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Membership in Revenue Integrity related professional organization required.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle processes, medical billing and coding processes, basic accounting principles, quantitative decision making and process analysis through formal education or two years of work experience required.
- Must be able to understand and work with ancillary systems impacting charge capture.
- Advanced level of communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of production and accuracy in an extremely task driven environment required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various healthcare payment mechanisms including MPFS, DRG, APC.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CCI/LCD/NCD, feel schedules, payer rules and regulations, legal and agency requirements and continuous quality improvement required.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with members of the Medical Staff as well as ancillary and support personnel is required.
- Coding certification or requirement to obtain within 18 months of employment required. Certified Coding Associate (CCA), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-based (CCS-P) meets this requirement.
- Experience in managing a coding or revenue integrity department preferred.
- Prior Epic experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in health information management, business administration, or healthcare field preferred.
- CDM or Patient Accounting certifications preferred.
- Certified Revenue Integrity Professional (CRIP), Certified Healthcare Finance Professional (CHFP), or other applicable certification preferred.
| Date Posted
January 8, 2019
| Date Closes
January 23, 2019
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category