Staff Nurse Lead - Acute Dialysis
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Coordinate the required resources for acute dialysis patient care delivery in multiple metro-area healthcare facilities. While on-site, problem solve and expedite communications with other health care providers to ensure optimal patient outcomes. Provide, delegate and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of acute dialysis patients. Ensure patient satisfaction and resolve issues in a timely manner. Additionally, coordinate, implement, and evaluate processes to meet the educational and competency needs of nursing team members through effective use of a variety of learning activities.
- Two years acute hospital experience, with some or all of that time being in acute dialysis.
- Direct patient care experience required.
- Previous participation in a quality initiative required.
- One year of experience in leadership or mentoring role (relief lead, preceptor, UBC, etc) required.
- Expert proficiency with hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and CRRT required.
- Bachelors degree in nursing (BSN) required unless candidate meets all of the factors to qualify for Exception A or Exception B*.
- Completion of Nebraska Medicine and Methodist Health Systems orientation along with the following trainings within six months of hire required: Adult and Pediatric Hemodialysis, Adult and Pediatric CRRT, Adult and Pediatric Peritoneal Dialysis, Communications, Preceptor 101, Cerner, EPIC.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
- Ability to travel to other locations in a timely manner required.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within six months of hire or transfer date required.
- Based on position, prior experience in one or more of the following areas including cardiology, cardiac drip management, critical care, emergency department, medical-surgical, obstetrics, cardiovascular rehabilitation, telemetry, oncology, neonatal intensive care, pediatric acute care, solid organ transplant, cath lab, EP lab, dialysis, quality assurance related to health care, perioperative and special procedures in applicable nursing specialty area preferred.
- Four years acute hospital experience with at least two of those years being within acute dialysis nursing preferred.
- One year of experience with Epic or Cerner charting preferred.
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred.
- Basic critical care knowledge preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred Proficient with use of email applications preferred.
- Proficient with use of departmental equipment and systems such as patient care equipment, telecommunication systems, information systems, pneumatic tube system, general patient care supplies, and transport equipment preferred.
EXCEPTION A: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) has current experience directly applicable to position; (2) is deemed the best candidate for the position; and (3) written approval to hire a candidate without a BSN is received from the hiring Director, NursingPractice Professional Development & Informatics Executive Director and Chief Nursing Officer. If a candidate is hired without a BSN after meeting these criteria, the candidate must either have 30 years of experience directly applicable to the position or sign a written agreement consenting to obtain a BSN within four years from his/her hire date.
EXCEPTION B: Candidate must meet all of the following: (1) is currently employed by Nebraska Medicine, or is eligible for rehire into a benefit eligible employment status at Nebraska Medicine within 364 days of the previous termination date; (2) hired by Nebraska Medicine before November 21, 2014, or hired by an entity acquired by Nebraska Medicine if the employee was hired before the acquisition; (3) has experience directly applicable to position; and (4) currently hold a Registered Nursing License.
| Date Posted
December 12, 2018
| Date Closes
December 27, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories