Specimen Mgmt Assistant
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Responsible for receiving, evaluating, accessioning, processing, storage and distributing of patient specimens for lab testing adhering to department standard operating procedures. Ensure that incoming patient samples meet the pre-analytical testing requirements and that specimen issues are resolved before testing. Possess the ability to organize workload for maximum efficiency, accuracy and to help maintain the quality and timeliness of patient testing. Project a professional image through phone, email and other communications to internal and external customers.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Possess strong trouble shooting abilities to identify, evaluate and correct problems related to specimen quality, integrity, and appropriateness for requested orders required.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time, utilize good judgment, work accurately under pressure and handle stress to meet deadlines required.
- Computer experience required.
- PBT (ASCP) depending on area of responsibility preferred.
- Experience in clinical laboratory medicine preferred.
- Direct patient care experience or completion of Phlebotomy course or Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Post-secondary education in a laboratory or health-related field preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
| Date Posted
December 12, 2018
| Date Closes
December 27, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category