Poison Center Clinical Manager-Internal/Department Only
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Direct, plan and coordinate the operations of the Nebraska Regional Poison Center (NRPC) in coordination with the poison center director. Provide leadership, work direction and support for poison center staff. Hire, develop, coach, counsel and evaluate the performance of poison center staff. Achieve departmental and organizational goals and ensure optimal outcomes within approved operating budget. Oversee the NRPC's quality improvement program in consultation with the poison center director and medical director. Resolve customer service, quality and other departmental issues. Measure, monitor, evaluate, and promote client and colleague satisfaction. Prioritize and delegate priority projects to poison center colleagues. Take clinical call to provide continuous operational support for all shifts. Assign and work vacant poison center specialist shifts as needed to assure adequate staffing on a 24/7 basis. Assist the poison center director with: project oversight, reporting, and fiscal administration of grants and contracts; completion of poison center accreditation applications; departmental policy review and development; as well a goal-setting and strategic planning.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Certified Specialist in Poison Information required.
- Minimum of three years of experience leading and overseeing the work of colleagues on a team, project or workgroup required.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or Doctor of Pharmacy degree required.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical toxicology required.
- Knowledge of poison center operations required.
- Ability to plan, direct, and evaluate the work of poison center specialists required.
- Skill in organizing multiple tasks required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to lead and develop teams required.
- Ability to anticipate and respond effectively to changes in direction and priorities required.
- Effective problem-solving skills required.
- Experience and advanced skills with Toxicall and Microsoft Office programs required.
- Ability to travel required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts required.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Nebraska or current compact state license OR licensed as pharmacist in the state of Nebraska required.
- Certification as a Specialist in Poison Information (CSPI) by the American Association of Poison Control Centers or American Board of Applied Toxicology required.
- Maintenance of certification by successfully completing the CSPI examination every seven years required.
- Prior management or leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and competency with quality improvement, process development, and outcomes monitoring preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis, and interpretation preferred.
- Masters degree in healthcare business, nursing, or related field preferred.
| Date Posted
December 12, 2018
| Date Closes
December 27, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category