Patient Coord. Sr Associate
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Properly, professionally and sensitively obtain and handle medical records by communicating and coordinating with patients, physician offices, hospitals and other medical organizations/personnel in order to create accurate and sufficiently comprehensive patient charts. Coordinate patient referrals to designated clinical programs and services by being a part of and communicating with a team of people tasked with ensuring that patient appointments are timely, accurate and appropriate. Register and schedule patients in a customer service oriented, efficient and effective manner and in accordance with department guidelines. Complete complex scheduling of multiple appointments and/or services. Provide clerical support relating to scheduling and/or coordination of various services and surgical procedures within the organization. Provide administrative support as necessary to all team members in clinic, surgical and procedural areas, as assigned.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a healthcare customer service environment required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated verbal and written customer relations skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with an interdisciplinary team required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Demonstrated analytical, prioritizing and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service to physicians, patients and other internal/external customers required.
- Currently licensed medical assistant, patient care technician or certified nursing assistant (CNA) certificate preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare environment with working knowledge of scheduling or healthcare record collection and registration systems preferred.
- Clinical background in assigned area preferred.
- Associates degree in business, healthcare or related field preferred.
- Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant preferred.
- Previous experience with Microsoft office, data entry and electronic health records programs such as EPIC preferred.
| Date Posted
December 12, 2018
| Date Closes
December 27, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category