Medical Lab Scientist-Microbiology
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Medical Lab Scientist- Microbiology
Part-Time Only ( Benefited)- 40 Hours Every Two weeks
Use comprehensive knowledge to accurately perform and evaluate highly complex laboratory testing in an efficient manner. Demonstrate behavioral skills that contribute to a productive work environment and provide excellent customer service.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Bachelors degree and completion of a certified clinical program in medical laboratory science OR associates degree and MT (HEW) certification required.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
- Certified medical laboratory scientist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists MLS(ASCP), American Medical Technologist (AMT) or equivalent. (i.e. Medical Technologist (MT (ASCP)) OR Clinical Laboratory Scientist certified by the National Credentialing Agency (CLS (NCA)) prior to 2004; or have previously qualified as a technologist under 42 CFR.1433 published 3/14/90 [55 FR 9538] on or before 2/28/92)a Required. MLS (ASCP) eligible employees becoming certified within 12 months of hire or transfer date required.
- Individuals who were certified beginning January 1, 2004 maintaining their certification by participation in the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) Certification Maintenance Program (ASCP)CM required.
- International certification and qualifications: International Medical Laboratory Scientist MLS( ASCPi)
- Progressive, successful experience in clinical laboratory medicine preferred.
| Date Posted
December 12, 2018
| Date Closes
December 27, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories