Complex Physician Assistant - Emergency Medicine
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Complex Casual Physician Assistant With
Nebraska Medicines Emergency Medicine Team
Provide comprehensive complex/critical care for high risk medical and/or surgical patients. Diagnose medical conditions, plan and implement interventions, and evaluate patient responses in collaboration with the designated supervising physician. Perform and assist with both routine and complex diagnostic and therapeutic medical and/or surgical procedures.
- Graduate of an ARC-PA approved Physician Assistant program required.
- Maintain Continuing Medical Education (CME) hours to meet State of Nebraska and
NCCPA certification requirements required.
- Ability to function with autonomy and able to make independent decisions while functioning as part of a comprehensive team required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms required.
- Ability to provide critical thinking and analytical skills required.
- Efficient use of information systems, data processing systems, telecommunication devices,
office equipment, and audiovisual teaching/education resources required.
- Ability to comprehend and follow policy, procedure, guidelines and protocols required.
- Flexibility and dedication to team involvement and supporting organizational goals required.
- Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) [Or if new graduate, eligible for certification and certification completed prior to beginning to provide care] required.
- Currently licensed as a Physician Assistant in the State of Nebraska (or eligible for license prior to beginning to provide care) required.
- Eligible for Federal DEA registration required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
- Prior experience working in a related health care field as a Physician Assistant preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Knowledge of health care policy and societal factors affecting the delivery of care preferred.
- Familiarity with patient care equipment and procedures as appropriate to specialty area preferred.
| Date Posted
December 3, 2018
| Date Closes
December 18, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories