Interv Rad & Invas Cardio Tech
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
*Four day a week schedule plus rotating on-call hours. Holidays covered with on-call hours*
Utilize departmental resources (e.g., personnel, supplies, and capital equipment) to ensure timely and accurate diagnostic and therapeutic exams in the department at the lowest possible risk and cost to the patient. Assure that services provided meet cultural and age-related needs of the patient population served.
- Degree from an accredited school of allied health/cardiovascular technology required.
- Completion of a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accredited program in radiology required.
- Completion of VI Program or a minimum one year experience as a diagnostic radiologic technologist required.
- Knowledge of proper body mechanics required.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and flexibility required.
- Ability to competently deal with patient and family in all age groups required.
- Ability to serve patients in a hospital environment required. Proficiency with personal computers required.
- Knowledge of the proper application of sterile technique (OSHA standards) required.
- Clinical experience in interventional radiology, internship completion in radiology, or cardiac cath lab experience preferred.
- Experience as scrub assistant and operator of imaging equipment in cath/EP lab preferred.
- Experience in patient monitoring and procedure documentation in cath/EP lab or experience with working in a high volume angiography department preferred.
- Prior experience in a diagnostic radiology department or related experience is preferred.
- Experience with working in a high volume angiography department preferred.
- Radiology internship with interventional radiology lab or cardiac cath lab preferred.
- Certification by the ARRT in cardiovascular interventional technology preferred.
- Experience with technical equipment including ionizing radiation angio machines and generators, digital computer acquisition devices, post-processing software, laser and paper printers, high-pressure contrast injectors, and all post processing equipment preferred.
- Proficiency with invasive ultrasound, non-invasive ultrasound and peripheral doppler procedures preferred.
- Familiarity with the location, compatibility, and proper usage of over 1400 diagnostic and therapeutic medical/surgical supplies (e.g., trays, needles, catheters, guide wires, endoprosthetic devices, and other implantable medical devices) preferred.
- Proficiency with physiology monitors (e.g., invasive and non-invasive blood pressure, EKG, pulse oximetry) preferred.
- Experience with typical office equipment preferred.
| Date Posted
December 3, 2018
| Date Closes
December 18, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Bellevue Medical Center
| SOC Category