Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Provide support and assist in recording financial transactions and perform functions necessary to ensure corporate assets and liabilities are properly recorded. Participate in the closing of the general ledger system at month end, in order to provide accurate and timely reports on hospital operations. Primary focus varies based on position and may include acting as a financial advisor/liaison to various departments within the organization, prepaid/accrual analysis, preparation of cash reconciliations, fixed asset, and supply chain accounting responsibilities. Participate in interim and annual audits and Form 990 tax return preparation. Provide backup to other accounting positions, as required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance required or equivalent combination of education/experience combined (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of financial and accounting principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
- Experience in analyzing and reporting results required.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail required.
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Independent problem-solving skills and self-directed work experience required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and demonstrate proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Access required.
- Experience using a calculator required.
Health care related accounting experience preferred.
Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Lawson, other general ledger and sub-systems, Strata decision support systems and Cognos Business Intelligence software preferred.
| Date Posted
November 13, 2018
| Date Closes
November 28, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories