Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Ensure the Information Technology (IT) systems architecture meet UNMC and Nebraska Medicines shared mission statement to provide the highest quality care, the best research and the best education. Responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of IT architecture models. Interpret, use and apply information contained within IT architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the selection, design, development, enhancement and maintenance of IT systems. Provide IT architecture guidance, road maps, principles, standards and best practices. Focus on enabling enterprise and IT leaders to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization. Recommend and participate in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the enterprise architecture. Advise and recommend enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies. Recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the objectives within the enterprise architecture are consistent with the enterprises long-term business objectives. Share best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in all facets of enterprise architecture and exposure to infrastructure, network and enterprise scale environments required.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field required.
- Knowledge of Information Technology frameworks and methodologies, including
Reference Architectures and Architecture Patterns required.
- Experience in defining and driving enterprise-level architecture deliverables including
appropriate architecture models and roadmaps required.
- Ability to indirectly lead a cross-functional team of analysts, engineers, and operations stakeholders to develop enterprise architecture deliverables required.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization required.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus required.
- Effective conceptualization, pattern recognition, and teaming skills required.
- Technical leadership experience within an IT department at a large scale health system or health information technology company preferred.
- Masters degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Epic certification in one or more applications is preferred.
- Practical experience designing, building and implementing enterprise systems in one or more of the following technologies: SAN environment experience in IBM XIV, HP XP, HP EVAs, HP x9000s (formerly Ibrix), HHP P4xxx (formerly LeftHand), iSCSI switches and Brocade directors. Experience in system and/or network engineering preferred.
- Experience with multi-server and multi-protocol environments, active directory (AD), Citrix, and VMware preferred.
- Experience with networking principles and theory, TCP/IP, and/or Windows preferred.
- Cache, and/or UNIX experience preferred. ETL tools such as Talend, SSIS, Informatica,
CloverETL as well as database systems such as MS SQL Server preferred.
- SSAS Data Visualization tools such as SAP Lumira, Tableau, Qlik preferred.
- System integration protocols and standards (i.e. HL7, DICOM, HIE, XML, X12, SOAP, web services) preferred.
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) preferred.
| Date Posted
November 12, 2018
| Date Closes
November 27, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category