Physician Assistant - Immediate Care Clinic
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Physician Assistant Position For Nebraska Medicines Immediate
Care Clinic Eagle Run
Work Part-Time At .4 FTEs / 16 Hours Per Week Or Less As Schedule Can Be Addressed During Interview
Operating Hours Of Nebraska Medicines Immediate Care Clinics
· Weekday Evenings: 6pm to 10pm
· Weekends: 10am to 8pm
· Holidays: 11am to 4pm
Nebraska Medicines Immediate Care Clinics treat patients with common illnesses and injuries, including, but not limited to:
· Coughs and colds
· Sore throats and earaches
· Minor cuts, bruises and muscle sprains
· Respiratory Illnesses
· Abdominal pain
* Depending on patient volumes, this position may be required to work, from time to time, at a location other than the above-listed departmental location *
Provide comprehensive primary health care to individuals and families or disease specific/specialty focused patient care in an outpatient and/or inpatient setting for medical and/or surgical patients. Diagnose medical conditions, plan and implement interventions, and evaluate patient responses in collaboration with a designated supervising physician. Perform and assist with diagnostic and therapeutic medical and/or surgical procedures.
- Graduate of an ARC-PA approved Physician Assistant program required.
- Ability to function with autonomy and able to make independent decisions while functioning as part of a comprehensive team required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms required.
- Ability to provide critical thinking and analytical skills required.
- Efficient use of information systems, data processing systems, telecommunication devices,
office equipment, and audiovisual teaching/education resources required.
- Ability to comprehend and follow policy, procedure, guidelines and protocols required.
- Flexibility and dedication to team involvement and supporting organizational goals required.
- Ability to maintain Continuing Medical Education (CME) hours to meet State of Nebraska and NCCPA certification requirements required.
- Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) [Or if new graduate, eligible for certification and certification completed prior to beginning to provide care] required.
- Currently licensed as a Physician Assistant in the State of Nebraska (or eligible for license prior to beginning to provide care) required.
- Eligible for Federal DEA registration required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Prior experience working in a related health care field as a Physician Assistant preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Knowledge of health care policy and societal factors affecting the delivery of care preferred.
- Familiarity with patient care equipment and procedures as appropriate to specialty area preferred.
| Date Posted
October 18, 2018
| Date Closes
November 2, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories