Voice & Data Sr Engineer
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Perform advanced capacity planning, technical evaluation, and analyses for the enterprises complex voice network for a multi building, multi-campus environment including advanced analysis and programming for an integrated VOIP network, remised based system and subsystems and connectivity to existing and new clinic locations. Coordinate the physical adds and moves for voice and data ports for assigned areas. Provide advanced troubleshooting for voice communication issues.
- Five years experience with voice and network systems, where advanced knowledge of voice and data network services has been acquired, required.
- BA in telecommunications, voice networks or related information technology field OR equivalent combination of education/experience combined (One year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Advanced knowledge of voice communication systems and subsystems (message manager, voice mail, etc) Ability to determine, analyze and resolve complex voice system problems within a timely manner required.
- Project management required.
- Working knowledge of networking functionalities and terminologies to include such things network switches, blades, ports, configurations, VLANS and IPs, T1 required.
- Ability to work and learn independently required.
- Ability to travel and rotate on-call required.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours to minimize disruption of service availability
for a critically available healthcare environment required.
- Have means to remotely access voice/data systems from home required.
- Ability to physically report to campus locations after hours if required.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Voice or data network experience in a large, complex critically available health care environment preferred.
- Experience with VOIP, ACD administration, CMS and PBX administration required.
- Intermediate knowledge of voice systems and their adjuncts such as call accounting packages, various voice network systems, and voice mail preferred.
| Date Posted
October 15, 2018
| Date Closes
October 30, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category