Insurance Processing Associate
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Provide customer service through efficient processing of required information throughout the process of scheduling, pre-registration/pre-admission, and insurance verification in a timely, organized, courteous and professional manner. Verify eligibility and benefits related to insurance coverage including co-pay requirements, deductibles, out of pocket, life time maximums, and obtain authorization and referral requirements on defined organizational accounts. Complete pre-registration process for ambulatory clinics.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years post-secondary education with coursework in business, medical assistant program or nursing assistant program OR equivalent combination of education/experience in accounts receivable, health care billing or customer service (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- Multi-tasking and problem solving abilities required.
- Knowledge of computer based programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills with aptitude for detail oriented work required.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute with 90% accuracy required.
- Prior experience in an insurance or medical office environment preferred.
- Associates degree in business administration or college level business coursework preferred.
- Certified coder preferred.
- Knowledge of Correct Coding Initiative (CCI), Outpatient Code Editor (OCE), National Coverage Determination (NCD), and Local Coverage Determination (LCD) edits preferred.
- Knowledge of third party payer edits preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology including International Classification of Diseases (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) coding preferred.
- Knowledge of databases and flowcharting processes preferred.
- 9005ICAL terminology preferred.
| Date Posted
July 11, 2018
| Date Closes
July 26, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories