Senior Grant Accountant
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Drive the grant process from financial beginning to end including pre-work to close-out. Provide support and assist in budget preparation to ensure all components are appropriately captured engaging appropriate parties prior to grant request submission. Oversee all general ledger transactions and prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports related to grants. Lead and manage close out process at end of a grant. Review, update, and ensure compliance with Uniform Guidance and Nebraska Medicine policies. Participate and assist with the Single Audit.
- Minimum of five years progressive post-award grant accounting experience required.
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance required.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of financial and accounting principles including
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required.
- Experience in analyzing and reporting results required.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail required.
- Independent problem-solving skills and self-directed job management skills required.
- Demonstrated outstanding verbal and written communications skills required.
- Personal computer skills and related software packages/applications including Microsoft Excel (used extensively) and Word required.
- Experience using a 10 key calculator required.
- Experience in healthcare or university related accounting preferred.
- Pre-award grant experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the grants cycle and OMB Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200 preferred.
- Microsoft Access and Power Point experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Lawson general ledger system and sub-systems preferred.
- Knowledge in decision support and business intelligence systems preferred.
| Date Posted
July 10, 2018
| Date Closes
July 25, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category