Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Histotechnologist- Full Time
Be a part of a growing team at Nebraska Medicine!
This position will be based at our brand new Dermatology Clinic at the Lauritzen OutpatientCenter @ 40th/Leavenworth St.
The Histotechnologist will process and prepare patient tissue for histological or immunohistological analysis according to department procedures using a wide range and depth of technical knowledge with minimal supervision.
Work in a brand new, state of the art, Mohs surgery frozen tissue laboratory with opportunities for leadership and growth as our team expands.
Support continuous improvement of the dermatology and anatomical pathology laboratory services of the organization to ensure high quality and timely pathology preparations for quality diagnosis.
- Minimum of two years' experience with histopathological and/or immunohisotlogical processes and frozen section processing in Mohs surgery required.
- High school education required.
- Education and training equivalent to 60 semester hours from an accredited institution that, at a minimum, include either 24 hours of science courses that include i) 6 semester hours of chemistry ii) 6 semester hours of biology ii) 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical lab technology in any combination ( One year of related experience equals on year of education), required.
- Certified as a Histotechnician ( HT) ASCP, OR Histotechnologist (HTL) ASCP or Medical Lab Scientist ( MLS) ASCP or Equivalent (i.e. Medical Technologist) (MT) ASCP or Clinical Lab Scientist ( CLS) NCA prior to 2004, or have previously qualified as a technologist under 42 CFR, 1433 published 3/14/90 (55 FR 9538) on or before 2/28/92 OR 12 years of experience with histopathological processes and tissue recognition required.
- Certified HT (ASCP) QIHC Preferred
- Experience in immunohistochemisty is preferred.
- Bachelors of science or successful completion of a formally recognized histology technique training program preferred.
- Knowledge of paraffin embedded tissue, frozen tissue, and immunohistochemistry preferred.
| Date Posted
July 10, 2018
| Date Closes
July 25, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories