Cardio Device Sr Technician
Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Interrogate, program, and report on cardiac devices including pacemakers, remote device, and ICD interrogations. Performs all (including MRI, ED devices) device interrogations and evaluations in clinic as well as out of department device. Performs AV /VV optimizations. Independently troubleshoots diaphragmatic stimulation. Collaborates with Clinic Manager, Lead, Providers and CIED staff to ensure the highest level of patient care. Active role in educating other health care professionals as well as the community. Maintains cardiac device database and company/industry software. Works with EMR committee/group for solutions specific for CIED devices and databases as well as interfaces with software upgrades.
- Minimum of two years current cardiac device experience required.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Some post-secondary education or clinical certification (i.e. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), LPN, EMT, RCVT) required.
- Knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, conduction system, and ability to interpret cardiac arrhythmias required.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care required.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills required.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication required.
- Knowledge of ECG interpretation to be able to identify emergent situations required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Previous cardiac arrhythmia experience preferred.
- Associates degree in biology, physiology, healthcare, or related field preferred.
- Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) national exam preferred.
| Date Posted
May 21, 2018
| Date Closes
June 5, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category