Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Open To Internal Candidates Only
Provide quality respiratory care utilizing advanced therapeutic modalities in order to achieve the patients plan of care in collaboration with the health care team.
- Minimum of three years respiratory clinical experience to include a minimum of one year critical care experience required.
- Graduation from an American Medical Association (AMA) approved respiratory care program with an associates degree required or equivalent education completed meeting certification and licensure requirements.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, and flexibility required.
- Electronic Health Record and computer knowledge required.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and positive attitude with patients and other health team members required.
- Ability to maintain a clean, safe, economical patient environment required.
- Ability to demonstrate age specific competencies required.
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (LRCP) in state of Nebraska required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT) credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) if assigned to work in the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU), Emergency Department (ED) or in the Operating Room (OR) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) if working in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Training in laboratory devices (e.g., blood gas analyzers, glucometer, activated clotting time analyzer, etc.) preferred.
- Training in specialized gas therapy (e.g. Nitric Oxide) preferred.
- Helicopter and/or ground transport training preferred.
- Ability to maintain 24 hour accountability (on-call) if working in the Operating Room (OR) preferred.
- Ability to assist or demonstrate intubation and airway equipment (emergency airway cart) preferred.
- Ability to utilize complex monitoring equipment (e.g. cardiac output, pressure transducers, etc.) preferred.
- American Society of Anesthesia Technologist and Technicians (ASATT) within 2 years of working in the Operating Room (OR) preferred.
| Date Posted
May 21, 2018
| Date Closes
June 5, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category