Nebraska Medicine Omaha, NE
Provide administrative, technical and quality patient care support to an ophthalmologist/optometrist in a clinical setting.
- High school education or equivalent required.
Completion of either an accredited Ophthalmic Assistant course, completion of one year of post-secondary education in an allied health field, or one year of experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (BLS with skills assessment or approved BLS) required.
- Complete and mail Medication Aid Registry application to state within first 30 days of employment required.
- Maintain Medication Aid Certification current thereafter required. (Note: Application for registration as a medication aid must be completed and mailed to the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services within the first 30 days of hire or transfer date. For employment to continue, registration must be obtained within 90 days of submission of the application and then must remain current thereafter.)
- Prior experience in ophthalmic office plus completion of the ophthalmic assistant course preferred.
- Graduate of an approved medical assistant program, certified ophthalmic assistant program, or equivalent training experience or completion of ophthalmic assistant certification preferred.
| Date Posted
April 10, 2018
| Date Closes
April 25, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
Nebraska Medical Center
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories