Nebraska Medicine Bellevue, NE
Provide comprehensive complex/critical care to high risk, medical and/or surgical patients. Diagnose medical conditions, plan and implement interventions, and evaluate patient responses under the direction of and in partnership with a collaborating physician. Perform and assist with both routine and complex diagnostic and therapeutic medical and/or surgical procedures.
- Minimum of two years nurse practitioner experience or equivalent combination of nursing and nurse practitioner experience combined (two years of RN experience equals one year of APRN experience) required.
- Master's degree in nursing from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Ability to function with autonomy and able to make independent decisions while functioning as part of a comprehensive team required.
- Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms required.
- Ability to provide critical thinking and analytical skills required.
- Efficient use of information systems, data processing systems, telecommunication devices,
office equipment, and audiovisual teaching/education resources required.
- Able to comprehend and follow policy, procedure, guidelines and protocols required.
- Flexibility and dedication to team involvement and supporting organizational goals
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nebraska or current compact state required.
- Currently licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN) required.
- Federal DEA license required.
- Basic Life Support required.
- Appropriate certification required based on position, department and population served: 1. For Adult Acute population: Adult Gerontology Acute Care (AGACNP-BC), or Acute Care (ACNP-BC), or Adult (ANP-BC) or Family (FNP) (FNP will be required to obtain post graduate certificate for AGACNP-BC within 3 years of hire or transfer date, unless in the emergency services department) required.
2. For Pediatric Acute population: Pediatric Acute (CPNP-AC) or Pediatric Primary (CPNP-PC) or Family (FNP) (CPNP-PC and FNP will be required to obtain post graduate certificate for CPNP-AC within 3 years of hire or transfer date) required.
3. For neonatal population: Neonatal (NNP-BC) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) department dependent required.
- Doctorate Nursing Practice (DNP) preferred.
- Knowledge of health care policy and societal factors affecting the delivery of care preferred.
- Familiar with patient care equipment as appropriate to specialty area preferred.
| Date Posted
September 10, 2017
| Date Closes
September 25, 2017
| Located In
| Work At
Bellevue Medical Center
Emergency Medicine BMC HOME
Schedule Can Be Addressed During Interview
Full Time, Part Time or Casual (PRN)
| SOC Category