|The Staff Buiness Auditor / Sr. Business Auditor assists in the performance of operational and compliance audits from start to finish using an Agile audit methodology. Applies accounting/finance educational background and experience to perform audit activities under the direction of a product owner or manager. Performs audit plan assurance activities in accordance with professional standards and best practice. Performs audit activities in a manner that provides value and contributes to the achievement of company objectives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Performs assigned business audit activities within agreed upon time frames while maintaining expected quality standards across each stage of the audit lifecycle.
- Applies the organization's audit methodology and carries out the audit procedures to meet the specific audit engagement objectives
- Plans and conducts audit activities through identification and assessment of key risks and controls
- Selects and applies the appropriate tools and techniques to data gathering, analysis and interpretation, and reporting.
- Utilizes data analysis tools supporting data-driven and continuous auditing projects.
- Develops workpapers reflecting audit activities performed and obtains reliable and sufficient evidence supporting audit conclusions.
- Uses business understanding to evaluate problems and potential solutions and to communicate audit issues. (appropriately applies knowledge of the business, industry, and the risk and control environment in audit work and decision making)
- Identifies improvement opportunities for the business based on understanding and analysis of the process flows for business operations.
- Communicates issues through the audit report that clearly identify root cause and impact to the organization
- Follows up with management to ensure that management actions have been effectively implemented
- Demonstrates efficiency and persistence, managing own time and ensuring engagement deadlines and objectives are met
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study
- 2+ years audit or relevant work/educational experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to facilitate process walk-through meetings with business partners/process owners to identify and document key risks and controls.
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Understanding of internal controls, including proper design and implementation.
- Understanding of fraud risk and the ability to identify and assess common types of fraud associated with an internal audit engagement
- Ability to research various laws and regulations and assess compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of accounting cycles (revenue, expenditure, payroll, and treasury) with their typical functions, common accounting entries, relationship with financial statements, and key internal controls
- Awareness of risk concepts such as risk tolerance, inherent risk, and residual risk, and how to recognize them within the organization
- Awareness of general information technology controls including system access and change management
- Awareness of basic information security and privacy principles
- Ability to apply research, business intelligence, and problem-solving techniques to analyze and solve complex situations
- Ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations; respond quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; project credibility
- Ability to express ideas, thoughts, and concepts clearly in writing using correct and appropriate grammar
- Ability to develop and sustain working relationships with diverse teams, and individual stakeholders at all levels of the organization to achieve department and enterprise goals
This posting reflects the Staff Business Auditor essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr. Business Auditor has variable essential functions and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
We recognize that people come with diverse experience and talent beyond just the requirements of the job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. If your experience is relevant to what you see listed, please consider applying - wed love to hear from you!
- Experience using data analytics tools and techniques
- Experience with leading audit and business software applications
- Awareness of applicable insurance and/or financial services related laws and regulations
- Ability to apply risk concepts to company's risk profile
- Awareness of insurance industry products and operations
- Ability to effectively manage constructive conflict
- Willingness to obtain Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Salary Range: Minimum: $55,000 - $95,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.