The ideal candidate will have operational experience supporting batch processing in a large data center environment. Primary duties will include monitoring and supporting mainframe and distributed systems batch processing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Monitor mainframe batch schedule
- Monitor distributed systems batch schedule
- Work with application team in resolution of batch job failures
- Work with application team to implement scheduling changes
- Monitor mainframe console ensuring availability of onlines
- Supports the customer, computer systems, networks, and/or processes and mentors co-workers in problem-solving techniques and operations/production management . Initiates problem resolution and/or corrective action in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides excellent customer service. Meets service expectations through effective communication, listening and problem solving techniques. Ensures I/S Service requirements are met and anticipates customer needs and/or system problems.
- Records, identifies, monitors, resolves and escalates problems and issues that include, mainframe, distributed systems, network, workstation tools, applications, and voice and data technologies. Monitors, controls and coordinates production activities. Interacts with customers, systems, and applications to manage the daily operations. Recognizes problems situations, invokes recovery procedures and initiates corrective action as required.
- Collects, researches, organizes and interprets data to support the development, enhancement and/or maintenance of system support processes. Identifies, defines, evaluates and documents technical and business problems and/or opportunities to include: application, hardware and procedural issues and provides recommendations to support the I/S architecture and the business objectives. Interacts the customer and I/S associates to identify and define root causes and provides innovative solutions.
- Provides direction, leadership and guidance on operational tasks and techniques, Fosters growth of associates in the development of technical, business and relationship management skills. Utilizes Solves business and technical problems provides recommendations that meet business requirements and adhere to the I/S architecture and technical standards.
- Obtains and maintains up-to-date knowledge of the companies business functions, work processes and systems. Keeps abreast of industry trends and technologies.
This job posting is reflective of the Command Center Specialist essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Command Center Analyst and Sr Command Center Analyst levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 1-2 years of computer operations or help desk experience
- Demonstrate communication and incident/conflict resolution skills
- Ability to learn new business and technologies
- Associates in related field of study (Management Information Systems) or equivalent experience.
- Information Technology certifications or equivalent experience
- Mainframe (CA7) Batch Scheduling support knowledge
- Distributed Systems (Control-M) Batch Scheduling support knowledge
- BMC Remedy knowledge
- IBM Mainframe Console knowledge
- CICS online knowledge
- TSO knowledge
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Knowledge of the Command Center processes and procedures and customer's work processes and terminology.
- Good customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers). Breadth of Infrastructure components and business unit application understanding as it relates to mainframes, distributed systems, microcomputers, and networks. Training or experience in Help Desk Analysis, Help Desk Environment, Console Monitoring, Operations Analysis, and Operations Production.
- Basic understanding of job scheduling, weekend activities scheduling and coordination, and system start-up and shutdown processes. Some knowledge of desktop software tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Office365 and other support tools Limited knowledge of technology industry markets, product and pricing trends
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Project Management
- Tableau Reporting
- SLA Metrics Reporting
- Disaster Recovery
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.