Sr Risk Analyst/Risk Analyst - Omaha, NE or Remote
|Research, review, analyze, and summarize risk management and compliance-related data, information, and processes to ensure adherence with corporate standards and federal/state requirements. Utilizes data and research to identify risk and compliance issues and formulates recommendations for resolution. Partners and collaborates with the compliance and risk management areas and may lead the coordination of compliance and/or risk management activities and ensure timely completion and/or implementation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Reviews, analyzes and summarizes risk management and compliance -related data for various risk and compliance programs including, but not limited to, Model Risk Management, Vendor Risk Management, Loss Events, Regulatory Change Management, and/or Policy Governance. Identifies risk and compliance issues, develops recommendations for resolution and ensures implementation of changes as appropriate.
- Conducts and may lead complex risk reviews on processes and controls based on the requirements of the Risk Oversight Program to ensure compliance with corporate policies, standards, and/or federal/state requirements.
- May assist with the distribution laws and regulations pertaining to insurance and securities to the applicable business areas for their review and response.
- May assist with the review, analysis and research on current, proposed, and newly adopted laws and regulations to determine impact to the business.
- May conduct compliance-related reviews for the broker-dealer, Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, as it relates to the MOIS Branch Examination, MOIS Home Office Examination, and MOIS Compliance Surveillance programs.
- Utilizes various corporate systems to research, monitor, and report on the resolution of risk management and compliance-related information and inquiries. Investigate inquires, develop and present recommendations for resolution and responds to inquires as appropriate.
- May lead and/or assists other team members in the research and resolution of risk management and compliance-related issues.
- Through knowledge of insurance laws, federal and state government laws/regulations.
- Through knowledge and background in the interpretation of legislation.
- Through knowledge of insurance operations and the ability to recognize areas affected by various risks, laws and regulations.
- Through knowledge of individual life, health products, group products, securities and related services to include industry and regulatory-related issues on those products
- Ability to work efficiently in pressure situations and demonstrate a high level of flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability and judgment.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- 3-5 Years of audit experience
- FINRA Series 7, 24, 66 (or 63/65) registrations as well as the ability to successfully complete on-going continuing education requirements.
- Chartered Financial Analyst certification
- Financial Risk Manager certification
- Operational Risk Management certification
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Information System Auditor
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.