Associate Administrative Assistant/Admin Asst-Omaha, NE
|Performs basic administrative duties, under direct supervision, primarily supporting non-complex business functions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provides basic administrative and data entry support for the department, which may involve sensitive and confidential information and the application of guidelines and procedures. Enters, maintains and distributes information into and/or out of databases. May provide backup support for departmental needs as appropriate.
- Drafts and sends email correspondence. Handles, distributes, and directs multiple inquiries (phone, electronic messages, mail), which may be of confidential in nature, from internal & external business partners, clients, customers, vendors and management.
- Uses multiple applications and systems to produce various business documents, correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, etc. to support departmental needs.
- May assist with the coordination of calendars to include scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms, coordinating technical resources and other meeting requirements as needed.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Some knowledge and experience within a business environment. Experience with a personal computer and multi-functional printer. Knowledge of and experience with various software packages including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to proofread and apply proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar to process accurate business materials. Effectively partners with internal and external business partners and customers.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with an attention to detail and analytical and decision making abilities. Ability to develop and apply creative approaches to business activities.
- Ability to demonstrate approachability, work independently, and/or as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt to a diverse and changing work environment. Willingness to learn new skills with an ability to multi-task. Ability to exhibit patience and persistence in completing work assignments.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance with adherance to department expectations. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is accountable for results.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.