The Principal Enterprise Architect will be a results-oriented leader that shares accountability for the successful vision and execution of strategic and operational initiatives within the Income & Wealth Planning segment. This individual works with business stakeholders, the enterprise, solution and technical staff to deliver digital solutions by providing overall direction and guidance for architected solutions. This position will enable value delivery by balancing between emergent design and intentional architecture. This position will be focused on developing solutions and process structure for the holistic management of technical environment life cycles.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Works with business stakeholders and technical staff to drive enterprise strategy across Value Streams.
- Fosters adaptive design and engineering practices.
- Drives collaboration of programs and teams around a common technical vision.
- Maintains a high-level, holistic vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives.
- Understands key technical initiatives that support Enabler Epics (SAFE) and strategic business capabilities.
- Understands and communicates Strategic Themes and other key business drivers for architecture to technical architects and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Participates in architecture initiatives with the EPMO and participates in Epic analysis.
- Acts as an internal consultant, mentor and change agent across the enterprise. Develops communication plans and promotes enterprise architecture process and results to all levels within the organization. Assesses and communicates the achievement and impact of the enterprise architecture.
- Analyzes and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies, application methodologies and frameworks, system integration methodologies, industry and market trends and determines their potential impact on the business.
- Provides program / portfolio level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Identifies and manages organizational and technical dependencies between projects and programs / portfolios, working closely with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrates Mutual of Omaha's Leadership Objectives: Business, Talent & Visionary Leadership
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Identifies and helps coach future technical leaders.
- Anticipates future information technology needs based on business trends and collaborates with internal and external suppliers to successfully deliver IS solutions that address them.
- Translates ambiguities to accurately and clearly "tell a story" to all audiences to ensure understanding of impacts and potential risks associated with change.
- Successfully manages "change curves within IS associated with introduction of new technologies and directions.
- Performs as a strategic leader that helps guide the vision and execution of operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participates with architects across the organization to develop and maintain architecture strategy.
- Understands the Company strategic vision and priorities, then helps recommend and communicate the appropriate roadmaps.
- Advocates effective architectural designs and optimizes current architecture and processes. Promotes appropriate use of and adherence to reference architectures.
- Communication - Communicate business capabilities and technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Communicate with business and I/S customers. Effectively uses appropriate verbal and written communication. Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and ability to interact with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Coaching and Mentoring - Coach, mentor and cross-train others. Helps co-workers stay focused on the overall goal. Leads by example and encourages others to excel. Serves as a positive role model.
- Planning and Perspective - Formulate and articulate strategic vision. Anticipate and prepare for emerging systems and technology needs. Uses goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions. Understands multiple systems or technologies. Understand interaction with other systems.
- Extensive knowledge of analysis and design of technology solutions and the relationships between multiple systems/support processes.
- Ability to develop, evaluate and present multiple solution approaches to meet business requirements and strategies.
- Proven skill in designing high-level solutions, providing technical and logical support, and defining modules and/or process components determined to be needed or modified.
- Ability to develop and maintain business partnerships with customers and suppliers at all levels, including resolving conflicts, anticipating customer needs, and prioritizing schedules from multiple customers or suppliers.
- Strong understanding of contemporary technologies relating to business, market and industry trends. Ability to apply such knowledge to support the critical systems needed.
- Comprehensive awareness of various hardware and software solutions and relationships between systems, subsystems and products.
- Ability to assimilate, interpret and draw conclusions from an extensive variety of technical and business data with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Proven leadership abilities and tangible success implementing strategic business initiatives.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Broad knowledge of insurance and financial services products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Experience in effectively specifying, constructing contract options, and managing 3rd party engagements and implementations.
- Experience building and extending a Software Development and Architecture practice
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.