Sr Marketing Specialist - Group Employee Benefits - Omaha, NE
Lead and participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing strategies and programs for all products and
services sold through the Business Unit. Lead and direct project teams for developing and implementing marketing plans. Design
evaluation methods for each marketing plan. Act as an account representative for internal and external clients.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Leads and directs project teams for implementing marketing projects to ensure project objectives including budget and profit objectives are attained. Plans and coordinates cross-functional work teams, establish priorities and resolve conflicts.
- Develops and implements marketing plans, which include identification of target markets, product messaging, costs and projected sales. Designs evaluation methods for each marketing plan. Ensures that communication plans are drafted so that internal and external audiences understand the message and can take action as appropriate.
- Acts as account representative for internal and external clients to provide ongoing marketing program communication, coordination of efforts during the course of a project and to meet any other miscellaneous needs of the client.
- Participates in marketing strategy planning, both short and long range, and provides ideas, target market research and other necessary information for the planning process.
- Defines target markets and to determine what customers want either independently or in collaboration with the Market Research Department. Coordinates market surveys and analysis of the data and determines the most effective way to use customer data. Compiles and maintains relevant market data.
- Works closely with internal areas to ensure appropriate communications, to manage variations to the project plan including resource issues, change in specs, budget variances and changes in deadline.
- Provides work direction, training, assistance and guidance to other section personnel on the development and implementation of marketing projects. Responsible for managing campaigns from planning to implementation to ensure all requirements are completed.
- Evaluates each marketing plan against objectives to ensure results are achieved and the program is cost effective. Conducts client satisfaction follow-up interviews with each completed project to ensure client needs were met.
Develops and monitors project timelines and tracks progress of the project to assure deadlines are met. Develops files and
documentation of each project.
May lead and/or participate in development and implementation of new processes. May serve as a member of various committees,
task forces and special projects.
- Thorough background in marketing strategy, marketing campaigns, advertising and insurance practices and regulations.
- Excellent project management, change management, organizational and effective presentation skills.
- Excellent oral communication and problem-solving skills and initiative and analytical ability.
- Effective written communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Proficient use of personal computer and spreadsheet software.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- A organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.