Finance Manager - Cost Structure Management - Omaha or remote
Mutual of Omaha is seeking a Finance Manager to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team! This position will play an important role in Enterprise financial initiatives through completion of financial analysis turning data into insights. The ideal candidate will have experience leading and influencing others through direct and matrixed organizational reporting relationships.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Leverages opportunities to learn about the business and seeks out opportunities to provide an understanding of the products and elements of the business to their teams.
- Coordinates analysis of financial and nonfinancial data to identify trends and/or indicators, provide insights, and make recommendations
- Oversees efficient design and execution of projects
- Ensures team is adequately equipped to research and document business issues and make appropriate conclusions to business partners
- Actively shares knowledge through timely feedback, coaching and mentoring of others
- Drives execution on ideas to improve business processes across enterprise functions and knowledge in the workplace
- Fosters a collaborative environment by leading by example and casting the best shadow.
- Builds and sustains an engaged, collaborative team and strong working relationships across the organization
- Manages relationships with contractors, consultants and other outside parties, as required
- Strong knowledge of finance practices and procedures common to an insurance industry environment that can be applied across topics and challenges faced so resolve challenges and set standards.
- Strong knowledge or the ability to quickly learn Mutual of Omaha operations and product offerings across strategic business units and operational areas
- Ability to establish deadlines across teams, manage through adversity and deliver results within timelines.
- Excellent and demonstrated communication skills, nonverbal, verbal, and written, with peers, senior management, and business partners including in times of conflict and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish practices and procedures common to a complex environment, including transactional processing and reporting of results.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence direct reports and others in a direct and matrixed team environment, including contractors and project-based consultants
- Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information as well as escalate data breach if they occur.
- Self-driven with demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, influence change with peers and business partners
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and judgment making abilities as well as establishing solid strategies to empower the team to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently improve processes and create efficiencies of team.
- Deep understanding of the products and elements of the business with some knowledge of industry factors driving the business. Developing leadership qualities as an influencer to team and other organizational departments.
- Advanced level degree or equivalent experience in Finance related field
- 5 or more years experience working at Mutual of Omaha or in the Financial Services Industry
- Designation specific to the Finance field, such as a CFA
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- A organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.