Finance Manager - Corporate Development - Omaha, NE or remote
Lead projects and manage direct reports in the completion of various corporate development tasks (financial analysis, due diligence), competitive intelligence initiatives and broader planning and forecasting, activities with a strong sense of urgency and focus on quality.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Coordinates analysis of financial and nonfinancial data to identify trends and/or indicators, provide insights, and make recommendations for both strategic transactions (mergers, partnerships, divestures)
- Leverages opportunities to learn about the business and seeks out opportunities to provide an understanding of the products and elements of the business to their teams.
- Ability to collaborate with functions outside of the Finance organization including but not limited Legal, Innovation, HR and Enterprise Risk Managements
- Oversees efficient design and execution of Corporate Development projects
- Ensures team is adequately equipped to research and document 3rd party research and make appropriate conclusions to business and functional partners. In particular in the area of competitive intelligence and rating agency management
- Actively shares knowledge through timely feedback, coaching and mentoring of others
- Fosters a collaborative environment by leading by example and casting the best shadow.
- Actively coaches and mentors staff with a focus building and sustains an engaged, collaborative team
- Manages relationships with investment bankers and other 3rd party partners
- Self-driven with demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, influence change with peers and business partners
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence direct reports and others in a direct and matrixed team environment
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Development practices and procedures preferably common to an insurance industry environment that can be applied across topics and challenges faced so resolve challenges and set standards.
- Ability to establish deadlines across teams, manage through adversity and deliver results within timelines.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting preferably in an insurance setting.
- Excellent communication skills, nonverbal, verbal, and written, with peers, senior management, and business partners including in times of conflict and negotiation.
- Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information as well as escalate data breach if they occur.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and judgment making abilities as well as establishing solid strategies to empower the team to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently improve processes and create efficiencies of team.
- Deep understanding of the products and elements of the business with some knowledge of industry factors driving the business.
- Developing leadership qualities as an influencer to team and other organizational departments
- Advanced level degree or equivalent experience in Finance related field
- 5 or more years of Corporate Development or Corporate Strategy experience
- Insurance industry or related field experience preferred
- Designation specific to the Finance field, such as a CFA
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- A organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.